Soft, chewy, ‘coconutty’ and all in all rather delicious that's how we would describe these! We couldn't decide if vanilla was more of our thing or chocolate so we went for both, however there is still a hint of chocolate in the vanilla..how could we resist!
back to all blogs
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup ground almonds
125ml aquafaba (chickpea water)
4tbsp maple syrup
1tsp vanilla extract
1tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 170
- First make the base of the two mixtures by beating the aquafaba until soft peaks have formed. This can take up to 5 minutes depending on the strength of your mixer.
- Once the mix has formed soft peaks add in the maple syrup and vanilla extract again beating the mixture until stiff peaks have formed.
- Split the aquafaba mix in half, one will remain vanilla the other chocolate.
- Fold in ½ cup of ground almonds and ½ cup of desiccated coconut into each of the two mixes with an additional tablespoon of cocoa in the chocolate ones.
- Once the dry ingredients have been folded into the two mixes form small golf ball sized compact balls to form the macaron shape. Continue to do this until all the batter has been used.
- Place the macarons in the oven for 12 minutes or until slightly golden. Once cooked, leave the macarons to cool completely.
- Whilst the macrons are cooling, melt your chocolate either over the hob or in the microwave.
- Once the macrons have cooled, dip them in the melted chocolate and place in the fridge to set for 1 hour. Enjoy!
The Raw Bake team x