Who doesn’t love a fudgy chocolate cake?! Almost pudding like, with a ganache frosting and topped with CROOKIES this really is the BEST chocolate cake out there (if we may say so ourselves) Whether it's a birthday, lockdown ending celebration or you’re just feeling like you need a bit of SELF LOVE this one is for you! Plus it looks SUPER impressive but can be whipped up in no time!
back to all blogs
150g buckwheat flour
75g ground almonds
75g oat flour
1tsp baking powder
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
300g coconut sugar
40g cocoa powder
75g coconut oil
450ml almond milk
60ml maple syrup
225g dark chocolate
225g coconut cream (thick part of a full fat tin of coconut milk)
2 packs of crookies
- First start making your ganache frosting, in a heatproof bowl melt the chocolate either in the microwave or over the hob. Once the chocolate is completely melted and smooth add the coconut cream and whisk well until smooth. Place the ganache mixture in the fridge for at least 1 hour to set.
- Preheat the oven to 1700C and line a round cake tin with parchment paper.
- To a large mixing bowl add the buckwheat flour, ground almonds, oat flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, coconut sugar and cocoa powder mix well to remove any lumps.
- Next melt your coconut oil and add to the dry ingredients along with the almond milk and maple syrup, whisk until everything is well combined and you have a smooth batter (it will look slightly runny)
- Add the cake mix to the lined tin and place in the oven for 1 hour. To check the cake is cooked insert a knife or skewer and it should come out clean when removed.
- Leave the cake to cool for 10 minutes in the tin before removing and placing on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once the cake has cooled remove the ganache frosting from the fridge and beat using an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Spread the frosting over the top and around the edge of the cooled cake before decorating with your favorite Crookies.
- Slice into servings and enjoy!
The cake will last in an airtight container for up to 5 days, but trust us this one won't hang around for long! We’d LOVE to see how you decorate your celebration cakes so make sure to tag us in your yummy creations @rawbakestation
The Raw Bake team x