Wakey wakey! This recipe is sure to brighten up your day, or turn your miserable Monday's into a Saturday feeling. Hitting back at that sweet tooth, add as much chocolate or fruit as you like, the more messy the better!
back to all blogs
- 240 ml Plant-Based Milk (I used Oat-Milk)
- 130 g Extra Firm Tofu
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tbsp vegan butter (optional)
- 6 Thick Slices of Crusty White Bread
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed food processor (except for the bread), until everything is completely smooth.
- Preheat a griddle (if you don't have a griddle, you could just use a pan) over a medium/low heat (around 350 degree Ferinheit and brush the griddle/pan with a little vegan butter.
- Gently pour your blended mixture into a wide bowl, wide enough to dip the bread into it. Leave the bread in the mixture for around 20 seconds and then flip and leave for another 20 seconds, until all areas of the bread are covered.
- Carefully place the bread slices onto the hot griddle or pan and cook for around 4-5 minutes and then carefully flip to cook again on the other side. (Try not to lift or peak at it as you may stop the bread from going golden)
- Once very golden on each side, remove from the pan and serve immediately!
Enjoy your breakfast! Share your stack with us over on our social pages!