We like to think we know a thing or two about biscuits since we are the creators of #crimianllygood Crookies! Jammie Dodgers are an all round crowd pleaser, who agrees? For those of you who are now craving a perfect jammie dodger, you can thank us later.
back to all blogs
200g ground almonds
180g oat flour
9 tbsp maple syrup
6 tbsp coconut oil, soft but not melted, a butter like consistency
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp chia seeds
- First preheat the oven to 180 and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- To a large mixing bowl add the ground almonds and oat flour and mix well
- Next add in the maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Knead the mixture together until a smooth dough comes together
- On a floured surface roll out the dough to your desired thickness and cut 24 biscuits. In 12 of the biscuits make a small holer in the centre using a smaller cutter
- Place the cookies in the oven and bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until golden brown
- Whilst the biscuits are baking make the chia jam filling. First add the raspberries to a small saucepan and leave to simmer on a low heat until the raspberries have softened. Once the raspberries have reduced down, stir through the chia seeds and maple syrup and leave to set for 5-10 minutes until a jam-like consistency is reached
- Once the biscuits are baked, leave them to cool.
- Once the biscuits have cooled it’s time to fill them. Add a teaspoon of chia jam to each full biscuit before placing a ring shaped biscuit on top and sandwich together
There you have it, #criminallygood Jammie Dodgers!
The Raw Bake team x