The perfect end of summer loaf cake, think zesty lime met by creamy fresh yoghurt frosting. Limes scream summer to us, whether that's in a mojito watching the sunset, in a tropical salad or in your favourite summer bakes (hint hint)!
back to all blogs
300g self raising flour
50g ground almonds
100g coconut sugar
100g coconut oil, melted
200ml almond milk
100ml maple syrup
300g thick dairy free yoghurt
- First line a loaf tin with baking parchment and preheat the oven to 180.
- To make the cake grate the zest of the limes and add to a mixing bowl along with the flour, ground almonds and coconut sugar. Make sure to mix all the dry ingredients well to get rid of any lumps.
- Next melt the coconut oil and add it to the dry ingredients along with the almond milk and maple syrup. Beat the mixture wellor until completely smooth.
- Once you have a smooth batter pour it into your lined baking tin and bake for around 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Whilst your cake is baking start making your yoghurt frosting
- To make the frosting grate the zest of the limes and add to the yoghurt along with the juice of a ½ a lime
- Once your cake has completely cooled, evenly spread the yogurt over the top of the cake and decorate with any remaining lime zest. Enjoy!
Can’t wait to hear what you think of this bake, it's one of our favourites so far!
The Raw Bake team x