PB&J meet your new best friend the brownie! A true match made in heaven, rich chocolatey brownie meets nutty indulgence with berry sweetness. This classic PB&J combo is not just one for your sandwiches but also the perfect pairing to your favorite baked goodie. Enjoy - you can thank us later!
back to all blogs
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
5 tbsp water
50g dark chocolate
120ml melted coconut oil
100g coconut sugar
4 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp baking powder
60g cacao powder
60g oat flour
60g rice flour
24g ground almonds
2tbsp smooth peanut butter
- To start, preheat the oven to 180oC. Grease and line a 18cm square tin with baking paper.
- To make the brownies first make your flax eggs by combining the ground flaxseeds with the water. Set aside for 10 minutes
- In a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water melt together the chocolate and coconut oil. Once melted whisk in the coconut sugar and maple syrup.
- Once the coconut sugar has dissolved into the chocolate mixture and in the flaxseeds, baking powder, cacao powder, oat flour, rice flour and ground almonds.
- Carefully evenly spread the batter into the lined baking tin. Once evenly spread, place small spoonfuls of the peanut butter across the top of the brownie mix. Using a toothpick or butter knife drag swirls of peanut butter across the top to decorate.
- Finally gently press the raspberries into the batter on top.
- Place the batter into the oven for 20 minutes or until the edges look firm and the mixture is no longer wet (17 minutes is perfect for an extra gooey brownie!)
- Leave the brownies to cool in the tin before removing and slicing into squares.
- For extra indulgence drizzle on extra peanut butter and top with fresh raspberries!
For all those peanut butter lovers out there, this ones for you!
The Raw Bake team