Patisserie meets #crimianllygood Crookies! Yes, you heard right we’ve brought to you a classic but raw bake-fied it, meaning not only our these fruit tarts #dangerouslytasty but they are of course, vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free!
back to all blogs
6 packs of Salted Double Choc Crookies, however every flavour would be delicious
50g coconut oil, melted
3 medjool dates
Cashew cream filling:
150g cashews, soaked for 3-4 hours
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 medjool dates
100ml coconut cream
1 tsp maple syrup
- To start you need to assemble your base. To make the base place the Crookies in a food processor and blitz until you have Crookies crumbs. Alternatively use a rolling pin to break the Crookies into crumbs.
- Next add the melted coconut oil and medjool dates to the Crookie Crumb and blitz until you have a mix that comes together when pressed.
- Now that you have your base made, split the mixture between the tart cases and press down firmly to ensure the base is compact.
- Place the bases in the fridge whilst you make your cashew cream.
- To make the cashew cream filling, add the soaked cashews, vanilla extract, dates, coconut cream and maple syrup to a food processor and blend until smooth. This may take a while until you have a completely creamy consistency, but trust us its worth the wait!
- Once your cashew cream is smooth and creamy, remove the bases from the fridge and spoon the cashew cream into each one.
- Finally it's time for the fruity component. Finely dice all your fruit into bite sized pieces, the blueberries can probably be left whole unless they are abnormally large.
- Once the fruit is diced, place a selection on top of each tart and enjoy!
Be sure to let us know what you think of this one as we think its a fruity winner!
The Raw Bake team x