I don’t know about you, but I LOVE carrot cake. There’s something about it’s sticky sweet flavour and satisfying texture that feels warm and cosy. Topped with candied pecans and walnuts.... What more could you want?!
Carrot Cake Base
Raw Bake Station Vanilla Crookies
6 carrots shredded - I used a grater to do this!
110g cup cashews (soaked in warm water for 30 minutes)
125g pitted dates
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Pinch of sea salt
175g chopped pecans
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Add all of the Vanilla Cookies into a blender and process until they turn to crumbs. Press the crumbs into the bottom of a prepared pan (I used a banana bread tin).
- Add all of the filling ingredients into a food processor and process until a sticky dough forms. Spread this over the crust base. (It will smell so good!)
- To make those indulgent candied pecans & walnuts, add a splash of maple syrup to a frying pan on a low heat. Then toss the nuts in the syrup until they become sticky.
- Sprinkle the pecans & walnuts over the carrot cake mixture and place in the freezer to set.
- Once set, remove & slice into chunky squares and take a big bite!
We hope you enjoy our twist on this classic favourite & be sure to share with your loved ones!
We’d love to see your versions of this recipe! Tag us on Instagram so we can see!