Who can say no to sticky toffee pudding especially when it's this #criminallygood. Winter is fast approaching which means warm pudding everyday all day! What's your favourite classic pudding?
Sticky toffee pudding
200g medjool dates pitted
250ml almond milk
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
100g coconut oil at room temperature
115g coconut sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
1tsp baking powder
100g ground almonds
100g oat flour
Pinch of ground nutmeg
1/2tsp ground ginger
1/2tsp ground cinnamon
250g toasted chopped pecans
Salted caramel sauce
10tbsp almond butter
100ml maple syrup
100ml almond milk
A pinch of salt
- Start by preheating your oven to 170 and lining a baking dish with baking paper.
- To make the sticky toffee sponge Add the chopped dates, almond milk and water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 2 minutes or until the dates are soft.
- Stir in the bicarbonate of soda then remove from the heat. The mixture should foam, turn slightly green then return to a dark colour.
- Blend the date mixture (with a stick blender or beating thoroughly by hand) to create a paste-like consistency. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat together the coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Then beat in the cooled date mixture until you have a smooth batter.
- Next mix in all the ground almonds, oat flour, baking powder, ground nutmeg, ground ginger and ground cinnamon, until fully combined.
- Finally stir through the chopped pecans and transfer to the lined baking dish to bake for 30 minutes or until firm to touch.
- Whilst the sponge is cooking its time to make the salted caramel sauce.
- To make the sauce blend together the almond butter, maple syrup, almond milk and salt to reach a smooth consistency. Once smooth, warm the sauce slowly, keeping it warm until ready to serve.
- Once the pudding is cooked, serve in slices drizzled with salted caramel sauce.
We can’t wait to hear what you think of this one! Perfect for all those cosy evenings ahead of us.
The Raw Bake team x