It's Blackberry season and cheesecake lovers, this ones for you! We can’t deny that we love a vanilla cheesecake especially with a Crookie base and sweet yet slightly tart blackberry compote on top...yum!
back to all blogs
550g cashews, soaked in water overnight
180g coconut cream
75g coconut oil, melted
120ml maple syrup
1tsp vanilla extract
4 bags of Vanilla Choc Chip Crookies
30g coconut oil
30g almond butter
Juice of ½ a lemon
1tbsp maple syrup
- Start by lining a round cake pan with parchment paper.
- To make the cheesecake base, first melt the coconut oil and almond butter together. Whilst the coconut oil is melting using a rolling pin, bash the Crookies until they are fine crumbs. To the Crookie crumbs add the melted coconut oil and almond butter and mix well.
- Press the base mixture down in tin ensuring that it is compact and even.
- Next make your filling by blending all the cheesecake ingredients together in a food processor for around 3 minutes or until you have a completely smooth mix.
- One your cheesecake filling is smooth add it to the tin with the base and place in the freezer to set for around 1 hour or until firm.
- Whilst the cheesecake is setting its time to make your blackberry compte.
- To make the compote, add the blackberries, lemon juice and maple syrup to a small saucepan, simmering until the blackberries are soft. After around 10 minutes the blackberries should be soft, at this point using a fork generally squash the blackberries to desired consistency and leave to cool.
- Once the cheesecake has set, remove it from the tin carefully before placing the compote on top. Enjoy!
The Raw Bake team x